Can I apply for UK visa when I have received adverse report?
I got my reissued passport on which I changed my address. I'm staying at the present address for more than a year and made my rent agreement just 6 months ago. I already have last 1 year MTNL bill which I submitted at the time of applying for the new passport. I received an SMS saying "Police has submitted adverse report for your current address." I want to apply for UK visa immediately. I went to the passport office today and they said there will be re-verification. I'm sure it will take time and I want to travel to UK on July 12th, 2015. Would there be any problem for visa stamping? Can I travel with that passport. Will there be any trouble while clearing immigration at the IGI Airport?
Asked 3 years ago in Family Law from New Delhi, Delhi
1) you can write to RPO mentioning your file number and request for re verification . RPO needs clear police report for issue of passport
2) you should remain personally present at time of police re verification
3) send letter to local police station with copy to RPO in this regard and mention date when you would be leaving india and when you would be coming back and request them to complete re verifcation at the earliest
Thanks for your prompt reply. I have an appointment at VFS office on Wednesday(24/06/2015) morning. So the time is very short. I can leave India may be after 1 month which is not a problem but in any case I don't want to miss the visa appointment. Can the UK consulate check my adverse report? It was just a matter of duration I'm staying at my present address. I have already traveled 12 countries with my old passport and this one is the renewed one. Can I go for the visa appointment on Wednesday? I can wait for the police verification and leave India may be on August instead of July.
Asked 3 years ago
1) as on date you have not been issued any show cause notice as to why your passport should not be impounded under the passport act as adverse police verification report has been received
2) you can visit Uk consulate on 24 th instant and inform them that your re verifcation is pending .
3) am not aware as to whether Uk consulate can check your adverse report or not
Yes you can go for Visa verification as per your schedule but travelling outside the country will depend on the report by passport authority who might notify the immigration department too.
If the adverse report is likely to be cleared soon, why dont you wait for the clearance and reschedule your program accordingly.
1. If you executed the rent agreement for only 6 months back then how were you staying as a tenant at the present address for more than a year?
2. MTNL bills of one year do not help your cause if the rent agreement was made only 6 months back.
3. You have not stated as to on what basis the police has issued an adverse report. Are there any criminal charges pending against you?
4. Unless you receive a clear report in verification the visa may in all likelihood be denied.
5. UK Consulate has the necessary mechanism in place to check whether the report is clear or adverse. If you conceal from the consulate the fact that you have got an adverse report you may never be issued a visa again.
6. It is in your interest to schedule the VFS appointment only after you obtain a clear verification report.
1. Your police report says you do not reside at the address given, or that you were not available for police verification. If you feel that the absence was temporary and that you normally reside at that address, you can write to Regional Passport Office and request a re-verification. Regional Passport Officer needs to get a clear police report from the re-verification, for issue of a passport.
2. without having valid passport you can't appear in visa interview. without police verification your renewed passport is not valid. your identity could be verified from your old passport but address could't be verified so address verification is necessary.
1. You shall have to submit your pssport while applying for VISA,
2. While submitting the passport showing your old address, the VISA issuing authority is not expected to check your new address if any,
3. So, if you can not solve the adverse police report problem immediately, you can go ahead with your existing passport with earlier address since you are hard pressed with time.
1. Your passport with earlier address is a valid one with which you have travelled to 12 countries,
2. Attend the VISA interview and note that they will not check your present address,
3. You short out your adverse police report problem once you return from UK.
I did something wrong with the application. Re-verification was done and police submitted adverse report once again. I know where the problem is as said by the police. When I applied for reissue of passport, I didn't read everything clearly and entered my details incorrectly. Where it says, how long have you been staying at your current address, instead of December 2014 I mentioned February 2008. I actually have been staying in Delhi from February 2008. Also, I was supposed to mention my Kolkata residence as my permanent address but I mentioned the same present address as my permanent address and to be honest, I didn't care about whatever I'm mentioning here. I had a thought that there will be no problem because it's my 2nd passport. So I'm the culprit. Yes I have been staying at this address from December 2014. So it's not even 1 year. I do have proof where I was staying for more than a year just before this address which I could mention on the application form but unfortunately there is no option online to change anything. Police told me to contact passport office to make necessary changes but if I go to Passport Office, they do not even listen to what my problem is and reopen the file for re-verification. Please help.
Asked 3 years ago
1) you have filled in your application form wrongly and mentioned wrong particulars in your temporary and permanent address
2) adverse report on police verification is on account of incorrect details mentioned by you
3) unless you rectify details you won't get clear police verification report
4) it is better you change the address in the passport reissued to you as all particulars are incorrect
5) visit the website passport seva kendra and follow instructions for change in address
Thank you user for rating the reply as awesome, this motivates and encourages to be more precise and perfect in future too. Thanks Team Kaanoon.com.
1. You may execute a sworn affidavit before an executive magistrate and give it to the passport office mentioning as to how you committed the mistake of not mentioning the proper permanent address in the application form. If the omission of permanent address was not done with the motive to suppress an offence committed by you there is a possibility that the re-verification will not be adverse.
2. If the affidavit is not taken or record then the only legal recourse is to go to court against the passport authorities to seek the appropriate orders.
1. You have done repeatedly what you were not supposed to do and for which you knew that your Pass Port will not be re-issued,
2. The law is totally against you,
3. What help can you expect fro lawyers now?
4. We can only advise you on legal matters,
5. Wait for some time and re-approach the Pass Port office to correct your application or for re-applying afresh, if permitted.