• Wife left the house with children

I work in Saudi Arabia and took a house in ooty as per wish of my wife.  She has left the house to somewhere in Chennai and I've no idea about whereabouts of her and my children. Seldomly she communicate with e-mail and do not let me know about whereabouts as well as about the situation of children.  I've been paying her monthly expenses regularly as well as schooling of children.
I'd like to know how can i get her to let me know about whereabouts as well as my children status as she is not at all responding to my calls and my messages.
I've two properties which I purchased but have included her name as co-purchaser and she is demanding me to take off my name from my property and give it to her. 
Please advise
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law from Mumbai, Maharashtra
Religion: Muslim
Was there a marital discord between you? You cannot be deprived of the right to enjoy the custody of your children. If you want to bring your wife back then you may move court and file a case for resumption of conjugal duties. In addition thereto, you may also apply for child custody. Since her whereabouts are not known to you it will not be possible to bring her to court as court notices will have to be served on her. You should thus strive to first locate her.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22977 Answers
634 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You are under no obligation to accede to her demand of removing your name as a joint owner of the property. If you remove your name then she will assume legal ownership over the entire property.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22977 Answers
634 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

that you have to decide whether you want to do it or not
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

1) you are entitled to visitation rights . normally custody of children is granted to the mother only . welfare of child is paramount consideration 

2) under no circumstances remove your name from properties . as on date you are 50%owner of property . once you remove your name she will be full owner of property . 

3) if you want your wife back file for RCR . if you want to separate file for divorce . 

4) engage a detective agency to trace her
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45424 Answers
2668 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer