• Disclose of intercaste marriage

Respected Sir,

I am rishabh working in a govt job. I am in love with a girl in my office and she also loves me. We get married last year in gayatri mandir secretly in order to avoid any risk from our parents. We are trying to convince our parents since last year. My family accepted the relation but girls parents are still against our marriage. Still they both are unaware of our marriage. Lastly, now we have decided to live with each other even after the disagreement of girl's parents. and now we want to disclose our marriage to both families. There is no risk from my side. 

Kindly guide us what we both do to avoid any legal actions against us and to avoid any risk. We have all the documents, images and videos of our marriage. Also guide us the way of disclosure of our marriage.Please help us.
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law from INDORE, Madhya Pradesh
Religion: Hindu
If both of you attained the age of marriage then you are free to choose your life partners. No legal consequences ensue for an individual if he marries a person of his own choice. Offensive action at the behest of parents who are obsessed with dogmatic and loathsome social practices which curtail and make subservient to parental choice the right of an individual to choose his/her life partner, is a big menace plaguing the Indian society.  

If you apprehend any kind of threat from the parents of girl then move to High Court and seek protection from any kind of harassment which might ensue at the behest of her parents.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23092 Answers
639 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) since both are adults you have freedom to choose your life partners .

2) you have exercised said choice and both are now married . you have evidence of videos and other documents in support to prove your marriage . 

3) disclose your marriage to  her parents . in the event any police complaint is filed by her parents produce your marriage , wedding photographs . 

4) also take steps to register your marriage . if you apprehend any threat move HC and seek protection from any kind of harassment
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46645 Answers
2759 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

get your marriage registered first. & then disclose it in front of everybody no body can stop from doing so as per law
Avdhesh Chaudhary
Advocate, Greater Noida
565 Answers
20 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer