• Fee forfeited on leaving a course

If I leave an institute in which i have paid the fee for first year for college and have deposited a bank guarantee for the following years for the duration of the course, how much fee should be forfeited on leaving the course? The college rules or bank guarantee agreement has no dates mentioned of till when a course can be left. Plus, I got this seat through the first counseling and future counselings are still pending so this seat wont go wasted and another student will take it up and will pay fee accordingly. Is there any regulation on this? I was told unofficially by the college administration that I might lose all the fee for the full duration of the course. Please let me know what can be done. Thanks
Asked 2 years ago in Civil Law from Ranchi, Jharkhand
since you have taken admission in institute and paid full  fees for first year the college may forfeit your fees paid for first year . the reasoning being your seat will go vacant and no student can be admitted in between . please check rules for admission of your college . if another student does take admission on your seat then you can be eligible for refund as per rules and regulations of the college
normally fees is forfeited in most of the instituition ,you can check there policy for refund
1)in case institute admits another student then it is bound to  refund your fees after making nominal deductions . please note that institute cannot be put to an loss for your change of mind . 

2) inform institute that you dont want to continue . to cancel your admission and grant you refund of fees and return your bank guarantee 

3) if institute refuses move consumer forum for necessary reliefs for refund of fees with interest
College administration cannot forfeit the entire fees at its sweet will. The answer as to how much of the fees can be legally forfeited lies in the rules and regulations of your college. If the rules are silent then college can forfeit the fees of first year. It is legally not permissible to forfeit the entire fees paid to it. The seat which becomes vacant due to your drop out can be filled in the second year by college. Hence, college does not stand to suffer financially after the first year.
1. If another candidate is admitted in your place then college is legally bound to refund your entire fees including that of first year. 

2. Make a written representation to your college to refund your entire fees. If it does not respond then issue a lawyer's notice. If a lawyer's notice also does not produce the desired result then file a case for recovery of fees in the civil court along with interest.