- Firstly you should know that Divorce will be not a better result for your future. Hence, before taking Divorce decisions, you are having the following right and claims from your husband.
1. As per law, A wife has the right to claim decent living standards and basic comforts of life from her husband. Hence for claiming the maintenance , you should file a petition under section 125 CrPc.
- Your husband is under legal obligation to provide the same at any cost, as per your standard of living .
2. Law entitles wives a basic right to reside in the matrimonial/ home, whether the house owned by her husband or his parents.
- Hence, for claiming your residential right, medical expenses etc, and also for teaching a lesson to the family members of your husband, who subjected her torture & harassment , you should file a petition under the provisions of Domestic Violence Act.
3. As per the Supreme Court, A wife has complete ownership rights over all her Streedhan, the gifts and money given to her before and after marriage. The denial of Streedhan to the wife makes the husband and in-laws liable for criminal charges.
- And further, if the husband or his family members subjected a woman to cruelty for the dowry demand, then they can be booked under Section 498-A.
- Hence , you can lodge a written complaint against your husband & his family members, in the Women cell/Mahila Police, after mentioning all the details of torture & harassment.
- The women cell firstly will try to reconcile the matter , otherwise, they will lodge an FIR against all the person, who subjected you cruelty.
- Since, they are trying to defame you in the name of drink etc, hence for teaching a lesson to them , you can file a defamation case against them for destroying your image.
- If you will take legal action against them as above , then they cannot get easily AB from the Court , even they are having a relative lawyer.
Good luck and dont forget to rating Positively.