• Divorce

Dear sir,
I married 10 years before n had 2 children meanwhile. But I had been never given a right of wife by by husband.  In other words I am treated as servant only. After marriage of my husband' s elder brother his wife had been given all rights n she is now behaving like boss. That is there is no equal treatment to us. My family tried everything to console my husband but my mental harassment continued. My husband always asked money from my brother n for my wellbeing he give almost everything he had. I tried everything for last ten years to save the marriage but now conditions became worst n separated from him now leaving with my parents. Now he denied to send children to me. It is not possible to live with him now n at the same time I can't live without my children. What should I do? He don't wanna give divorce nor children. Can I file divorce myself? 
How much would it cost?
Would I have Custody of children?
Can I claim compensation? 

Please reply. I would be a great help.

Asked 4 years ago in Family Law from Nagpur, Maharashtra
Religion: Hindu
it is always advisable that you go for mutual divorce rather than contesting divorce,in which you can also claim custody of child and mutually try for understanding
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

Avdhesh Chaudhary
Advocate, Greater Noida
565 Answers
20 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

repeated query
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46766 Answers
2767 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

you can seek separate residence for yourself under the domestic violence act and also seek custody of your children in the same petition. time and money would be saved and you don't have to give up the status of his wife.
Tulika Prakash
Advocate, Gurgaon
113 Answers
77 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer