• Can the stamp papers be valid

My grandfather had a house and wrote it to my father. My aunt also signed in that document that she doesn't want the property. But now she wants to file a case against my father using the blank signed stamp papers given by my grandfather to her for some other use long back. can those stamp papers be used if she writes whatever she wants on that now and file a case? what can we do to stop it?
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
Hi, transfer of property can be valid only by way of registration ie by way of sell, gift or any other mode  of transfer and it has to be registered other wise it can't be a transfer at all.
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4561 Answers
204 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

what was document signed by your aunt ? how did your grand father give said house to your father ? was it by registered gift deed ? please clarify
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46678 Answers
2762 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

there can be no transfer of property without valid registration in which both the parties are required
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer