• regarding, divorce n settlement

Hi, I lived with my husband for 5 yrs, We got maried twice, one in arya samaj. and then a christian marriage, coz i am a christian. we had some issues. we did a mutual divorce on 2010. we cancelled the marriage, the one we did on arya samaj. we never anywhere mentioned abt the 2nd marriage. after that we lived togather. and now he dsnt wana liv with me anymore.
           Because i gave a divorce, can i not go ahead and ask him for settlement?? r can i not take any action in dat case??
Asked 3 years ago in Family Law from Chennai, Tamil Nadu
what were terms and conditions of mutual consent divorce ? was there any provision made for maintenance . please clarify .

in any case  you are entitled to ask for maintenance from your ex husband . you can make application to family court seeking maintenance from your ex husband .

Hi, you can not cancel the marriage by your own and when you live as a husband and wife after divorce and  do you have any proof for second marriage.........pls inform us.

if your ex husband dosent  appear in court then court will award you maintenance in his absence also .

Since you have got a divorce  through mutual consent divorce procedure . You are divorced despite the fact that you had also done christian  marriage . Regarding the maintenance if you do not have  a job, and no source of income, you can approach a family or district court and ask for the same. do not hide any details , consult an advocate tell/him/her about the both marriages and divorce and  of course about  living together after the divorce. Your husband if has the means to pay will have to pay the maintenance.