• look out circular issued on the basis of an fir

An fir was issued againt 12 of my family members on the basis of a forged complaint by a relative. The section used are 326 and so on..An enquiry was made by the police and we co operated with the same.. 4 of us live abroad.. a look out circular was issued by the police chief without any request from the police station while the case was under investigation.  This was done at the behest and influence of the complainant. Solely done to harm and stop us from continuing our business abroad. .. can we file a complaint against the police chief and what action can be taken against them
Asked 4 years ago in Criminal Law from Kasaragod, Kerala
you can raise the issue before high court
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

you can raise  same objections before high court
Avdhesh Chaudhary
Advocate, Greater Noida
565 Answers
20 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

If you are charged under any non-bailable offence and was not yet arrested and move to outside the country, you can be in trouble as the authorities  can issue  a look out notice.  You will have to now approach high court and file a writ to get an order directing to cancel the look out notice and it is almost impossible if parties have evaded arrest and flee to outside India. Another procedural option is to surrender and go for bail, then proceed to quash the FIR in the high court. it is legally correct that look out notice issued by the police chief as the local police do it with the order of the commissioner's office. In case local police says that they have not initiated this it means the aggrieved parties directly approached the commissioner office. Get a good criminal lawyer in Kochi (High court )and discuss with them the procedures to clear out of the mess .
Thresiamma G. Mathew
Advocate, Mumbai
1515 Answers
139 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer