• Adverse police verification report for address

Dear sir, (I'm from Bidar Karnataka state presently leaving in Hyderabad after 3 1/2 years,came back from Libya due to political unrest) I have applied for passport reissue 6/4/2015 with name change as my name is with one word RAFEEQ new name RAFEEQ AHMED SAUDAGAR but in PSK they din't agree with documents news paper add and affidavit after three times of appointmentS, so i asked the officer what ever my previous name is there you please give the same so they have cleared as per my old name and police verification was initiated after 10 days of successfully submission of my passport application i got a call from one of police person by saying that i am trying to call since 10 days your not at all picking the call so i said him that i haven't got call or miss call any way i may not able to meet you today so i will come tomorrow as i am a male nurse working in operation theater he got angry on me, he said i will come to you be there in the morning both agreed but this fellow called me at morning and said that i will come and he din't come he keep on telling me that i will come you be there at your resident i was not informed to my hospital that i am unable to come so i have to rush for my duty for emergency case in OT, this police fellow has come At after noon and nobody was there some how i sent my brother in law he abused (scolded) him and took some documents and left some how i met him as he asked to meet me and said you need to singe this paper then i did so, next day i got SMS by saying Police Verification Adverse report for your address.  so that time i called him (POLICE) he said your passport will not come your not staying in that place more then six month i am police person i know how to deal i asked your neighbors  and they also said the same thing,so apply again !!!. But how would they will be knowing  i am staying since one year in that same place ? Because i and my wife both will go for duty, both kids in my brother in law's home hardly in home we spent a night.  Till today in website it says that your passport application is under review at regional passport office. what can i do ? please guide me... Thanks and regards
Asked 3 years ago in Civil Law from Hyderabad, Telangana
You have not stated that the passport office have rejected the application or have issued you with a show cause notice on the basis of adverse police report.  
Did the police send an adverse report? or whether they just told you so? 
Wait for the reply from PSK on your application and then initiate further action.  If the local police is intentionally doing it, you may report this matter to the District police official about this and you may even complaint that the police demanded money whereas you did not give it hence he is threatening you with the false report.  A copy of this complaint may be attached with the fresh application to the PSK seeking its intervention to issue your passport expeditiously. 
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
35809 Answers
390 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) if the police report says you have been staying in said address for less than a year then you have to obtain clearance from your previous addresses too 

2) if you have adverse police verification report that you are not residing in said address and you have in fact been residing at said address apply to RP0 ( regional passport office)giving your file number  for re verification 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45633 Answers
2681 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. What the police has done is illegal. On the basis of hearsay from neighbours it cannot leap to a conclusion that you have been staying at the place for less than 6 months. There has to be documentary proof to this effect. 

2. Furthermore, it is not mandatory that you should be staying at the place for more than 6 months to get a favourable verification report.

3. You have the legal recourse to challenge the adverse verification report in the High Court of your state. 
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22977 Answers
634 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. The police needs to be managed otherwise he will create problem,

2. This problem is faced by every body while applying for passport,

3. apply afresh and send the said policeman evidence that you are staying in that house for more than 1 year,

4. Meet him personally when you are called.
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
18513 Answers
448 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

firstly you should file complaint before superior police office against that police office and state all the story in details. 

if police again fails to verify your address then file complaint before passport authority ( Regional Passport officer) . you should adduce at least two witnesses at the time of filing complaint. place evidence towards your residing at the place of residence for one year. 

The Regional Passport office (RPO) has embarked on a special pendency clearance drive. Submit your ID proof and place of job as per Annexure 'B' . mention your availability at the residence. If you have urgent need then you may apply for tatkaal passport without police verification 
Shivendra Pratap Singh
Advocate, Lucknow
5066 Answers
78 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer