• My sister's suicide

my sister committed suicide four year earlier due to the cruelty of her husband and his family but at that time due to his threat i gave wrong statement that it was an accident.could i register a case against him and his family now and what prove i require her all landloard are ready to give their statement that he was beating my sister.i am from bihar and live in delhi in rented house my sister was also in delhi
Asked 4 years ago in Criminal Law from delhi, Delhi
you can try for filing complaint in local police ststion
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

you can file complain in police station or you can file complain case in court itself. for brief you may call me
Avdhesh Chaudhary
Advocate, Greater Noida
565 Answers
20 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

You may file the case even after elapse of 4 years. If there are any witnesses who can testify that she was subjected to mental and physical abuse then her husband would be on a sticky wicket in court. File it without any further delay. Consult a lawyer personally before filing it.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22977 Answers
634 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer