• Can wife get husbands salary from his private company employer in RTI

Can my wife get my salary details from my employer in RTI act. I work for PVT company MNC. 
 Even if they give will they give entire gross salary details or just the basic pay. Will they give details about shift allowences , or performance nonus etc. or just the basic pay.
Asked 11 months ago in Family Law
Religion: Hindu

2 answers received in 10 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

16 Answers

RTI does not cover the private entities and hence the company will not give information to her under the RTI act.



Anilesh Tewari
Advocate, New Delhi
17847 Answers
313 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Your wife has no right to get details of your salary. Your employer can not share it with anybody unless ordered by competent authority.

Kallol Majumdar
Advocate, Kolkata
2702 Answers
4 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Under Section 8 (1) J of the RTI Act, there is no way to tell any personal information unless and until its disclosure.

Ganesh Kadam
Advocate, Pune
11679 Answers
109 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Dear Sir,

Wife of govt employee can find information under RTI act but private companies doesn't come under RTI regime so they are not obliged for RTI reply. You may follow other legal procedures to find income data.

NO. Private Organization doesn’t come under ambit of the RTI Act. You can get information under RTI Act, 2005 only from public authorities.

Netravathi Kalaskar
Advocate, Bengaluru
4953 Answers
27 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

Private organisations are not covered under RTI so your wife will not be able to get any salary details from putting an RTI will be later rejected for this purpose we can only approach to the court to get order for the employer to provide the salary details

Vimlesh Prasad Mishra
Advocate, Lucknow
6786 Answers
23 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

RTI is not applicable to private company 


wife cannot get your salary details under RTI 

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
79385 Answers
4752 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. Pvt. Ltd., does not come within the ambit of RTI Act and is not entitled to give any details of its employees to outsiders, EXCEPT when ordered by Court.

Hemant Agarwal
Advocate, Mumbai
5443 Answers
25 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

See the wife can file an application for court if maintenance application is pending asking your salary details on affidavit.

Though the company may refuse her RTI citing third party information and they can deny it.

Shubham Jhajharia
Advocate, Ahmedabad
25513 Answers
111 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

NO.  And pvt ltd dose not come sunder RTI.

Parting your salary detail to any outsider, you can claim damages and FIR agasint company.

Yogendra Singh Rajawat
Advocate, Jaipur
21402 Answers
31 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

Dear sir 

Normally under RTI Provisions she cannot get details of your salary . But if her advocate is intelligent he may file application under section 91 of CRPC or under order 16 Rule 6 of CPC and get a direction to your employer to submit all the details which she may be in need of . 

Kishan Dutt Kalaskar
Advocate, Bangalore
5593 Answers
220 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

No in pvt company RTI is not applicable. 

Prashant Nayak
Advocate, Mumbai
22509 Answers
49 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

 - The Central Information Commission passed the judgment that income & property details , investments, and assests can be accessed by the spouse under the Right to Information Act.

- But private companies doesn't come under RTI , so they are not obliged for RTI reply. 

- But, your wife can move an application before the court for direction to you, to produce the salary details before the court , or may summon the official of your company for the same. 

- As per law, a wife is entitled to one third of her husbands income , but the income will be calculated after deducting all the burdens of husband , like emi, parents care , household expenditure etc.

Mohammed Shahzad
Advocate, Delhi
5538 Answers
51 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Private companies are not bound by RTI act, hence the request for the information through RTI act may not be entertained by the private company.

If at all she would like to get your salary income details from your company she has o file a petition under section 311 cr.p.c before the trial court seeking to direct yor employer to produce the salary income details before court.


T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
69396 Answers
930 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

No she cannot get salary details from private firm through RTI. 


Mohit Kapoor
Advocate, Rohtak
10685 Answers
7 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Since the Private employer is not under the ambit of RTI, there is no obligation on them to supply any information to the RTI applicant.

Mohammed Mujeeb
Advocate, Hyderabad
18969 Answers
11 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

No you wont be able to get. but if you are aggrieved wife of a husband who refuse to pay maintenance, you can file petitioner for maintenance under various provisions and through court by making application, you can get  summoning order from Court to the HR Department to reveal his salary and other financial benefit he is receiving. 

Sandeep Hegde
Advocate, Bangalore
415 Answers
154 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer