Sir I want to start online on demand movie buisness in india.can i do this?do i have to permission from different production house?
Asked 3 years ago in Business Law from Mumbai, Maharashtra
if yes what is the process to follow
Asked 3 years ago
what are the other legal aspects i have to look during this business.Can i also rent movies online?
Asked 3 years ago
1. It is a very cumbersome process wherein you have to first buy their copy rights of the movies from the respective production houses.
2. Since it is an entertainment business you have to register your business under various heads for tax purposes
3. once you buy the copyright of movies if you can broadcast , rent etc over the internet.
1) you will need permission from different production houses to offer movies on demand
2) for instance yahoo India offers licensed movies in india on demand in collaboration with production houses
3) you will have to approach said production houses in this regard
1) even Disney was offering online movies wherein users were permitted either to rent or buy movies via streaming
2) Big Flix Plus a Reliance entertainment company also offers movies on demand
3) you can download HD quality content on payment of subscription fee of x amount per month
4) you can provide movies at users preferred time without advertisments across laptops , smart phones and connected TV
5) you would need vast collection of movies inorder to make your business a success .
6) unless you have deep pockets and can afford to enter into collaboration with production houses dont venture into the field
Movie business comes under broadcasting sector. so you should have proper license (PPL License) from Information & broadcasting ministry. Entertainment tax will levied . every film has copyright so you need permission from the copyright holder.
Yes you can do online movie business. You can get tied up with some production agency or unit. As other distributors follow, you too can follow the norms stipulated by the producer or the agency for a share in that movie business. You can also rent the movies if you have copyrights in your favor.
1. You are free to start the business.
2. The law of copyright should not be violated. If there is a copyright by a production house you are obligated to seek its permission before uploading the movies and causing them to be downloaded.
The movies can be sold or rented by you.