• Fraud on Whatsapp


I was getting whatsup messages regarding dettiings with Girls. For that initially they took Rs.2000 through paytm. After that they call me to deposit Rs 8500 for generating security code. out this 8500 rs , they said they will return rs 8000 through same paytm. After i transfer money of 8500 through paytm. They said that there is diffrence in name in the document that you provide(aadhar card) and registered name. So to correct them you need to transfer another 9500. I asked them to return my 8500, but they are not returing. They are saying we will return both money at a time. But i don't want this service. As i know they are fraud. So how to get my money form them. please suggest?
Asked 4 years ago in Criminal Law
Religion: Hindu

2 answers received in 10 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

16 Answers

You are victim of online fraud. This is fake call, whoever goofed off, get cheated. File FIR.

Yogendra Singh Rajawat
Advocate, Jaipur
22464 Answers
31 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

You need to file a cheating complaint with cyber crime immediately. You need to file consumer complaint against them 

Prashant Nayak
Advocate, Mumbai
31071 Answers
162 Consultations

4.1 on 5.0

Dear Client,

Please, make a complaint to the nearest Cyber Police. Don't delete chatting on the what's app. 

Jaswant Singh
Advocate, Gurugram
929 Answers
2 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

Kindly file cheating case in police station against that person. 

Mohammed Mujeeb
Advocate, Hyderabad
19298 Answers
32 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

Complain to cyber crime branch of police.

Get their names and addresses with the help of police or by searching in net.  Whois.net site provide such details. After that file civil suit for recovery of your payments with interest and compensation. 

Kallol Majumdar
Advocate, Kolkata
2837 Answers
14 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

File police complaint against fraudster under section 420 of IPC for cheating and under section 406 of IPC for criminal breach of trust 

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
93506 Answers
7253 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Lodge complaint with the police against  the fraudster for cheating and criminal breach of trust. 

Share the details of messages exchanged between you and the fraudster.


S Srinivasa Prasad
Advocate, Hyderabad
2876 Answers
9 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

- It is looking that you are in trap of online fraud.

- Stop obeying him and lodge your complaint with the Cyber Cell/Cyber Police or Law Enforcement in your state.

- Provide all the the details of the conversation along with that persons phone number. 

- You can also report to your nearest police station , as they are bond to take cyber complaint.

- you can also lodge your complaint through online mode to Cyber cell.

- After receiving the complaint , they will trace the person involved in the offence and you will sure get your amount .


Good luck and dont forget to rating positively. 

Mohammed Shahzad
Advocate, Delhi
12521 Answers
172 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

chances are few but you can give a try,

1. by sending a legal notice, or,

2. make a police complaint 

Suneel Moudgil
Advocate, Panipat
2373 Answers
6 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

Lodge an fir against these people. They have duped you and are demanding more money and once they get it they will not contact you.


Rahul Mishra
Advocate, Lucknow
14054 Answers
65 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

See you can for this fraud file police complaint against them for the proof you have number so.you have to give same to police and file a complaint.

Shubham Jhajharia
Advocate, Ahmedabad
25514 Answers
179 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Move a complaint against them to local police for registration of case under section 406 and 420 ipc

Tarun Budhiraja
Advocate, Rohtak
379 Answers

4.8 on 5.0

Approach the cyber cell of your local police department and lodge a complaint with them. Share the name and number of this fraudster with your local police and also give them a copy of your chat transcript to them

Vibhanshu Srivastava
Advocate, Lucknow
9534 Answers
299 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0


As you know, unfortunately, have become a victim of fraud. Better you approach to cyber cell and lodge a complaint against the fraudulents. 

Aftab Patel
Advocate, Aurangabad
23 Answers

Not rated

I don't understand one thing how intelligent person like you fall prey to such fraudsters.

Now you can only lodge FIR against them with cyber crime branch of police for taking action against them. Mention the details of offence in the complaint.

Mohit Kapoor
Advocate, Rohtak
10687 Answers
7 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You cannot get the money you have given to such fraudsters even if you take any action legally agaisnt them.

You may loge a complaint with the police about this fraudulent activities and extortion, they will trce out the culprits and may initiate legal action as per law.


T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
83704 Answers
2057 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer