• How can I get back money from property dealer

Hello ,
I am music student in delhi..i rented a 2bhk house on april 17th paying 13000 advance +13000 rent and 13000 for the Dealer..And this landlord has irritated me from the day one and has given me all sorts of trouble..He didn't stand upto even one condition also on which i rented the Property..And both dealer and landlord is forcing me to vacate the property in one month..

I am really frustrated by this and if i search for a new house from where will i give the dealer's money.
Is  it not right i should get back my dealer's money ???..And landlord unnecessarily he is giving me all the reasons to cut my security Amount!!
how would you advice me to take up this ...since i am applying for a visa..i am scared to file an Fir on both these people!!
Help would be really appreciated!
Asked 3 years ago in Property Law from New Delhi, Delhi
Religion: Hindu
1) have you signed leave and licence agreement ?

2) you cant be forced to vacate in a month 

3) does your agreement have lock in period ?

4) if the landlord is forcing you to vacate and you dont have agreement to protect your interests ask dealer to find you alternative accommodation 

5) if you refuse to vacate landlord will have to go to court to obtain eviction orders 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45696 Answers
2688 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hi, You can't ask dealer Commission from the Landlord but surely  you can take reasonable time from the landlord and vacate the house.

Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4551 Answers
203 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

1. The property dealers are intermediaries who arrange an accommodation and they take money for their services. No law makes the property dealer liable for the omissions and commissions of the landlord. So you have no legal right to claim the money which you had paid to the property dealer.

2. If the landlord has not honoured the rent agreement then issue him a lawyer's notice and demand back the security deposit.

3. No FIR can be filed in your case/
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22977 Answers
634 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If you have entered into a valid agreement and the landlord's action violate the condition, you may issue a notice to him to curb his undesirable activities failing which he will be liable for legal actions that may follow consequent upon not complying to the conditions of the agreement. 
The legal notice should contain the words that the fault is on the side of landlord alone, which would certainly instill a fear in him  and he may refrain from indulging into such undesirable activities.    You can issue the legal notice yourself too. 
First go through the agreement and the conditions therein properly and make sure the points which have been violated by the landlord including interfering with your peaceful possession and enjoyment of the property during tenancy 
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
35867 Answers
390 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer