• Money recovery problem

I transferred in total nearly Rs 20,000 to a friend of mine through fund transfer from my ICICI account to her HDFC account. I have record of transfer being successful. But when I asked for money back, She is denying to give it back. She has used the money that can be checked through her net banking history. Please tell me how I can get the money back from her.
Asked 4 years ago in Civil Law from Mumbai, Maharashtra
issue her legal notice to return Rs 20,000 advanced to her .

 it is surprising that you have transferred funds without obtaining letter from her wherein she acknowledges receipt of Rs 20,000 and promises to return funds within reasonable period of time
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45747 Answers
2692 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

it is better that you give a legal notice
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

You committed a blunder by not entering into a formal agreement with her before advancing the amount. Issue a lawyer's notice to her to return the money advanced. If she does not accede to your demand then write off the amount as 'bad debt' as you have no legs to stand on in court due to the fact that an agreement did not precede advance of amount.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22977 Answers
634 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer