• Delay in sending product

Hi, I bought a juice filling and pouch packaging machine from a company in Ambala harayana. I paid full in advance. They said it'll take a month to deliver the machine but it ended up taking about three months. Anyway I got it. Now I ordered the pouch from them as per my company's name which they said will deliver in a week's time. I paid in full for one lakh pouches and it's already going to be two months nows, they still haven't delivered and they stopped answering my calls. I can't start my business and worst of all, summer season is already going. Please advice or is there anyone who can take up my case.
Asked 4 years ago in Business Law

3 answers received in 1 hour.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

11 Answers

1) file police complaint of cheating under section 420 of IPC against the company 


2) also file suit for damages for loss suffered by you on account of failure to supply pouches on time 



3) contact local lawyer 

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
94651 Answers
7523 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0


        First of all engage local lawyer and sent legal notice to company.

        If they were were not give any response than file consumer case against them.

       You can file case directly against them.

       In petition mention all the problems you faced and demand money for all the sufferings.

Tarun Agarwal
Advocate, Jaipur
769 Answers
3 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

File FIR, that company on pretext of supplying pouch,cheated you and now not responding.

Yogendra Singh Rajawat
Advocate, Jaipur
22622 Answers
31 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

See you need to give them notice for the delay in delivery and if he on notice fail you can file a suit to recover the amount of damages and delivery of the pouches.

Shubham Jhajharia
Advocate, Ahmedabad
25514 Answers
179 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You can issue notice to the company for breach of their obligation.

Through a Chartered Account get the loss quantified by him basing on which you can sue the company for  damages.

They can be tried under Sec.420 also.


S Srinivasa Prasad
Advocate, Hyderabad
2876 Answers
9 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You can file a complaint under consumer protection Act for deficiency of service

Prashant Nayak
Advocate, Mumbai
31908 Answers
179 Consultations

4.1 on 5.0


You may send them a legal notice and then file a case against them. 

Send a legal notice to them at the earliest. 


Anilesh Tewari
Advocate, New Delhi
18077 Answers
377 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

you can file a consumer complaint for deficiency in service and unfair trade practises claiming refund paid by you and in addition to that damages for mental harassment and agony along with cost of the Litigation. 

Mohammed Mujeeb
Advocate, Hyderabad
19299 Answers
32 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0


You need to serve them a legal notice through your advocate for delivery of ordered pouches in 15 days.

If they fail to deliver the pouches in 15 days as specified in legal notice You should file suit against the company for recovery of advance payment made with interest and compensation for delaying the delivery of ordered pouches due to which you suffer losses. 

Mohit Kapoor
Advocate, Rohtak
10687 Answers
7 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You can take the advice of any advocate of this forum or from one in your local. 

First you issue a legal notice demanding the product immediately within 7 days from the date of receipt of the legal notice. 

Then initiate further steps for recovery through court of law. 

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
84851 Answers
2186 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0


This case in under purview of consumer laws and suitable compensation should be demanded from supplier for delay.

Ganesh Singh
Advocate, New Delhi
6757 Answers
16 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer