• Vacating a property where tenant is not responding

We have a 1 bed room house rented, but the tenant has not vacated the property and is neither answering any phones, the property as still his belongings for the past 10 months, what is the legal way to proceed...?
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from Bangalore, Karnataka
what does your rent agreement says about vacating the house
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

What is the duration of agreement? If the tenant is not vacating then issue a lawyer's notice to him to vacate the property. If he does not vacate even after lawyer's notice then file a case for his eviction in court.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22977 Answers
634 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

issue legal notice to tenant if he refuses to vacate on expiry of agreement. you can also terminate leave and licence agreement if you so desire . if tenant refuses to vacate file eviction suit
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45670 Answers
2684 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Initiate eviction proceedings after sending Legal Notice to the address of the tenant given in the Rental Agreement.
Sandeep Hegde
Advocate, Bangalore
403 Answers
116 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer