Recordings of phone calls
I want to know that all telecom operators in India records our conversation(calls recordings).
Can I get all recorded conversations of my no from my telecom(Vodafone)
Tapping I know but besides that whether they record our calls or just logs.
Please let me know
Asked 1 year ago in Civil Law from Delhi, Delhi
Generally the telecom operators do not entertain individual customer's such requests. Further they cannot provide details randomly, you may have to specify the period and also reason for seeking the information. In fact private operators do not entertain any request from any individual and they are not bound by RTI act as well. They shall be obliged to furnish the information if sought by court of law.
1. No telecom operator records the conversation except on a binding obligation of law such as a court order. Recording all incoming and outgoing calls of all the subscribers in their network places unnecessarily high demands on the service providers storage space. They would need millions more terabytes than they currently have to store all this information.
2. Present telcos store call data records for six months.
1) you cannot get record of telephone conversations from your number
2) telecom operators dont keep record of conversations
3) it is only when government requests telecom operator to record calls for purpose of investigation would they do so
1. no, they have no right to record the conversations.
2. no, they have no right to record the calls hence there is no calls recordings record will be avaliable.
3. as above.
Advocate, New Delhi