• Mother's self owned property

Mother's has transferred her self acquired properly to her sons, can the daughters raise objection
Asked 9 days ago in Property Law from Surada, Odisha
Religion: Christian

Women has no concept of self acquired or ancestral property and hence she can transfer her property whether inherited or self acquired to any person she chooses.

So the transfer made by mother in favour her sons can not be challenged by her daughters anymore. 

Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
17176 Answers
246 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

if the said property is self acquired then she can transfer it to whoever she wants. 

Mohammed Mujeeb
Advocate, Hyderabad
8543 Answers
3 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

Mother can gift the property freely in her life daughters cannot raise any objection on same.

Shubham Jhajharia
Advocate, Ahmedabad
17219 Answers
68 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Respected mam... 

Both the son Or a daughter can raise objection only in that cases where mother or the father have tranfred the ancestral property to one but where is property is self acquired you can not raise such question as it is all in her right over that.... 


Thank you

Dinesh Sharawat
Advocate, Delhi
912 Answers
5 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Daughters have no share in mother self acquired property 


2) mother is at liberty to transfer the property during her lifetime 

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
63994 Answers
3895 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

No if the said property is her self acquired then no one can take objections

Prashant Nayak
Advocate, Mumbai
10455 Answers
16 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

No. Daughters shall not have any right once the property is disposed of by your mother during her life time.

Kallol Majumdar
Advocate, Kolkata
516 Answers
1 Consultation

5.0 on 5.0


Transfer should be through gift/settlement/WILL.

Yogendra Singh Rajawat
Advocate, Jaipur
11374 Answers
11 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

No, the daughter has no right to raise any objection. 

You may get in touch if you need further assistance. 



Anilesh Tewari
Advocate, New Delhi
16531 Answers
242 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Mother's property shall be her own and absolute property in which only she has any right and authority over it.

Thus she is at liberty to transfer or dispose the property to anyone and in any manner as per her desire and decision, her decision cannot be challenged by anyone, hence her daughters cannot claim any share uin it nor they can dispute the property transferred to their brother.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
53950 Answers
654 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

No if property is self acquired then no one can raise objection for transfer of property to son's name. 

Mohit Kapoor
Advocate, Rohtak
1945 Answers

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer