• Not going to police station for giving statement

I am single divorcee mom of 9 year old daughter. Please suggest what action a police can take If I don't go to police station for giving statement. can i refuse to give statement regarding my own abortion to police. Because a female has put FIR against his husband that he got my abortion done and police has asked for my statement in it. The police officially sent notice to my home and got it signed from 9 year old daughter in my absence.

What all can I do to safeguard myself.
Asked 4 years ago in Criminal Law from Chandigarh, Chandigarh
you have not mentioned in your question weather you want any action against your husband or not. you may call me for free legal guidance
Avdhesh Chaudhary
Advocate, Greater Noida
565 Answers
20 Consultations

3.9 on 5.0

The Police can issue a legal notice under provisions of criminal procedure code and you have then to appear before the IO But any statement if made  by you before the Police incriminating yourself shall not be admissible in law. You can not be compelled to make any statement against your husband.
H. S. Thukral
Advocate, New Delhi
554 Answers
164 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

you can not be compelled to make statement,if you want you can withdraw your complaint
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

3.5 on 5.0

Legally speaking, you may be arrested at any time now as FIR has been filed against you. Failure to go to police station on the date mentioned in notice is fraught with a risk of you being arrested and put behind bars. Immediately apply for bail in order to obviate the possibility of arrest.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22950 Answers
623 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer