• Dispute in Rental deposit

Hi, I rented a flat in Kolkata in the year 2018, during the agreement i paid Rs.60,000/- as depot and one month rent as advance. I vacated the flat in March 2019 after serving one month notice. Owner supposed to pay me Rs.44000/- after deducting one month rent. After 3 months owner paid me only Rs.34000/- after deducting Rs.10000/- towards repair. This was not discussed while taking over the flat nor informed prior to the repair.
Asked 4 months ago in Property Law from HYDERABAD, Telangana

You stay at HYDERABAD and recovery in Kolkatta, 10k will recover in years and  but time and cost of litigation would be lot times more than to actual recoverable amount.

Issue him legal noitce for recovery of rest amount, litigation not advisable.

Notice can be send from any where in India.

1) you can send him reminders to pay you balance amount 

2) issue him legal notice to pay balance amount 

issue him legal notice to pay your balance amount 

contact a local lawyer for sending legal notice 

If the money has been recovered by him illegally and against the terms of the contract then you may issue him a legal notice for returning the deposit that has been taken by him illegally

regards

Let me know if you need my assistance in serving a legal notice upon him 

Send him a notice to refund the balance amount of deposit which was deducted on account of repair without being informed to you about the repair in advance. If not return file a money suit against him.

Kallol Majumdar

Serve a legal notice to the owner asking 10,000/- rs, as it was illegally deducted. In case if on notice he fails file a suit for the recovery of the amount. 

See you have to give notice and file suit for same.

Engage an advocate to send the notice. 

1. Well, this often the fraudulent tactics of the landlord to defraud the gullible tenant.

2. So in this case also the landlord has also adopted the same procedure.

3. Though there is civil remedy to recover the amount , considering the meager amount involved it is not advisable.

4. Hence lodge a complaint with local police alleging cheating and FIR is registered you can expect the return of your money soon.

You need to send him a legal notice and file suit for recovery

You can file a recovery suit against the landlord by filing the agreement along with it stating that the security deposit which you have deposited to the landlord, the landlord is not giving you back. Your landlord can only deduct for basic repairs that needs to be carried out. 

You can ask the details of the repair and if possible to provide bill for the expenses incurred which is required to income tax purpose.

If the owner refuses to furnish any details, you may issue a legal notice demanding the deducted amount since there is no bill produced.

However for your information, any house owner will deduct some amount towards minor repairs or painting charges or some minor expenses due to wear and tear, hence instead of spending more than the amount deducted, you may think and act wisely.

If you want to get back the amount deducted then you may engage the services of an advocate in t eh local and issue a legal demand notice for the amount deducted without any valid reason or for having not informed about it in the beginning itself.

If you would like to send him a notice, better engage the services of an advocate as your notice may not be effective whereas he may have to reply to the advocate's notice

Dear

Send him a legal notice for refund of amount with interest.

If he doesn't return the money you can file a recovery suit against him.

Mohit Kapoor
Advocate, Rohtak