• Distribution of property in father's property for daughter

I am married woman with a 6 years daughter.My father is a businessman.My step mother is acquering property from  my father's property and naming it on her and my 14 yrs step sister's name.I have 2 sister,1 brother and 1 step sister.My father initially wanted to buy a 1 bhk flat for me.As my husband was not agreed for marriage,due to house problem.But my parents promised him to buy a house for me.As my parents was not found any suitable groom for me.So they promised my husband to fulfil his need of house.But now I had been married for 6 years,till they had done any needful.Till now we are managing on rent.Now they are going against there promised.Here my parents are doing fraud to me.Iniatially my father was in my favour,but suddenly my step mother had changed his mind.I had never done any wrong to my parents.Is there any solution to this big fraud done by parents.Is there any legal law for me in father's property?
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from Mumbai, Maharashtra
if the property is a self acquired ,your father has sole right to decide about ,how ever if he dies without a wll then all of you will have share in that property.
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

No fraud has been practiced on you. The legal meaning of 'fraud' is different from the meaning which is assigned to it general parlance. The core issue involved here is- Do you have any right in the property of your father during his life time? The answer is NO. He can give his entire property to your step mother.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22977 Answers
634 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

your father has not played any fraud on you . it is not necessary that he should provide any house to you in mumbai . with the escalating property prices in Mumbai buying a flat is not an easy task . 

your father is absolute owner of his property . he is free to gift it to your step mother or whom soever he desires . he can bequeath it by will to you or to any one he so desires . you dont have any legal remedy against your father
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45760 Answers
2693 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer