• Birth certificate

Dear sir,
The month of birth on my birth and school certificates are different. I want to change only the month in birth certificate as that in school certificate.All the other details in BC are correct.The d.o.b in aadhar card,pan card,voter id card and shool certificate is same.I am facing trouble in making passport because they strictly consider birth certificate issued by muncipality. kindly help me.
Asked 3 years ago in Civil Law from Bangalore, Karnataka
1. You have to apply to the Registrar of Births and Deaths in the Municipal Corporation for rectification of errors in your birth certificate. A copy of your other documents of identity such as aadhar card, voter card and matric certificate wherein the accurate date of birth is mentioned should be annexed along with the application.

2. The fact that you delayed applying for rectification this long may result in rejection of your application, in which event you can go to court to seek its directions to the registrar to carry out the rectification.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22966 Answers
631 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) You have to make application for rectification of errors to municipal corporation in this regard 

2) do you have certificate from hospital showing correct date of birth 

3) on basis of hospital records change of date of birth can be made 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
44326 Answers
2575 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

How did the error take place in the birth certificate?, if the birth certificate bears the actual date of birth then other certificates need to be changed in accordance to the details of birth certificate.  For that an affidavit duly notarised giving details  and reasons for change in the date of birth to be made and attached to the passport application, which if accepted can go ahead or else approach court with suit for declaration of correct date of birth, the orders of which shall be sufficient enough for issuance of passport. 
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
34508 Answers
372 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You need to file application for rectification of birth details along with affidavit on that regard.

If B.B.M.P. refuses to give rectified certificate you can file Petiton before the Magistrate seeking direction to them to give rectified Certificate.
Sandeep Hegde
Advocate, Bangalore
401 Answers
116 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

Dear Querist
Published your declaration in two leading news papers in which one should be national and second should be regional and file the same before passport authority.

if passport officer have object or demand any thing regarding this then the passport officer will say only for the court order, and for this you have to file a civil suit for declaration.
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
4794 Answers
220 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer