• Neighbours

respected sir,
i am ilving in an apartment of 8 houses....we have acute water shortage..so with the permission of my house owner i bought a 1000 litre syntex tank and kept it the common terrace..spent 10000 for it...already one other tenant have this sort of 2000 litre pvt tank for past 1 year...now today..another house owner says i should remove the tank..becoz he does not approve it...fears it will damage the building.what to i do...how do i defend?
Asked 4 years ago in Civil Law from Madurai, Tamil Nadu
how are other s getting water
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

What does the agreement say in respect to installation and maintenance of water tank? You require the water tank to meet the problem of acute water shortage. Let the owner move to court against you if he has any issues with it. You can then defend your right to install water tank.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22977 Answers
634 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

installation of 1000 liters water tank wont damage the building . obtain a structural engineer certificate as to whether installation of water tank will damage the structure . 

in addition you have taken prior permission of house owner before carrying out installation work . further other owner has also installed similar water tank . let the aggrieved house owner move court if he so desires . contest case on merits
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45760 Answers
2693 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer