• Rented house

I leave in a rented house since my bath (28/10/1977) and my father take rent this house from the year of 1974, till date the rented bill is issue in favors of my father. Now I with my family (wife and two sons) leave in that house and my father leave in another place.

Last 2 year ago our landlord was expired, now his wife taken rent from us. But they have a son and daughter also. But his son and daughter are told verbally that they have no objection against there mother. 

Now my question in is it possible to quit me in that house in any ground or any harassment against me.

Our landlords have few more property which are in also is in rent.
Asked 4 years ago in Civil Law from Kolkata, West Bengal
getting a house vacated is not easy
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

Since the original tenant i.e your father has moved out of the house and is alive you can be evicted legally by the landlord. The rent agreement is in favour of your father. Now that he himself does not live in the house any more you have no right to live in the house.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23092 Answers
639 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

as per facts stated by you your father is tenant of rented flat and he is no longer staying in said flat . 

your father can request landlord to transfer rent receipt in your name .

 in the event your father is not agreeable to transfer rent receipt in your name your landlord can file eviction suit against you .
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46638 Answers
2757 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer