• Father-in-law's property

Dear Sir,
              i am living with my father in laws house since 17 years, My wife was adopted from the brother of my mother in law. She was not legally adopted ,she was adopted at the age of 6 months.We got married and after 2.5 years of marriage my Father in law got an Heart attack  so i have to stay with them as they had not any son to look after him. my mother in law expired in 2011. after  her death my father in law had wrote a will in the name of my wife. but now he is willing to give the property to his brothers son .my father is 84 yrs old , plz tell what to do ? can he give property to his nephew. Plz guide what to do .

Thanks n Regards
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from Jalandhar, Punjab
since your father in law is absolute owner of property he can dispose it as he pleases . although earlier he had made a will in favour of his daughter he can always revoke the will and bequeath property to his nephew .
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46925 Answers
2776 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

you will have to go by wil
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

Being the absolute owner of his property he is at liberty to decide how his property will be distributed after his life time. He can revoke his earlier will and make a fresh will in favour of his nephew.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23180 Answers
641 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer