• Damage to bike

I used to park my bike on the closed road near my rented house. The bike is parked on the other side of the road in front of my neighbours house. The position of the vehicle is not causing any problem in ingress and egress.
My neighbour allegedly damaged my bike twice, emptied the air pressure of both tyres once, had put dirt all over it many times. Still he is not stopping.
Whatt should I do?
Asked 13 days ago in Property Law from Gurgaon, Haryana

File a complaint against a neighbour with the police for the offence of public nuisance under section 268 of the Indian Penal Code the contents of which have been reproduced below:

268. Public nuisance.—A person is guilty of a public nuisance who does any act or is guilty of an illegal omission which causes any common injury, danger or annoyance to the public or to the people in general who dwell or occupy property in the vicinity, or which must necessarily cause injury, obstruction, danger or annoyance to persons who may have occasion to use any public right. A common nuisance is not excused on the ground that it causes some convenience or advantage.

Siddharth Jain

Complain to police. His act amounts to mischief and creating nuisance. If police not cooperate, thrash him if repeat.

This is a criminal activity and you are suggested to file complaint with police.

Ganesh Singh

File police complaint against your neighbour under section 504of IPC 

File a police complaint against the neighbour for damaging your property and creating mischief.

Dear sir,

what you can do is either lodge a police complaint or either you can send him a legal notice demanding the compensation for the damage caused or he will be dragged to the court.

hope that solves your query.

you can contact me for consultation. if any.

regards,

YUGANSHU SHARMA

ADVOCATE

Yuganshu Sharma

Hi,you should make a complaint to the local police station for destruction of property 

Hemant Chaudhary

Are there any cctv cameras installed where your bike is parked?

Siddharth Jain

you dont have any evidence who has damaged your bike . 

obtain CCTV footage of cameras if any installed to catch the culprits

Hi, you should  give a complaint, the police will investigate the matter 

Hemant Chaudhary

Dear sir, 

you can ask the ppl living nearby and on that information you can send a legal notice or lodge a police complaint

regards,

YUGANSHU SHARMA

ADVOCATE

Yuganshu Sharma

You can file a criminal complaint of mischeif agaisnt him.  You can try to secure my cctv footage or any with witness if present

In this case, you need to file a general complaint against suspected persons. Be a bit vigilant and try to catch that person. That time give a 100 no. Call and get him booked.

Ganesh Singh

You can file FIR against the unknown and can tell police the name of neighbour you are having doubt on. 

you have two options

1. park the bike in the right place, if you are parking at the wrong place

2. make police complaint against the neighbour for causing damage to your bike

Suneel Moudgil
Advocate, Panipat

Approach before jurisdictional police station with complaint in details and also you can install Wireless CCTV camera to know about who is the exact person. 

If you know that he only does it then you may first talk to him and solve the issues amicably,  if he's not agreeing for any solution then you keep a vigil on his activity in this regard,  collect evidence and lodge a criminal complaint against him with the local police station for necessary legal action.  

You keep a vigil over this and find it out or shift the parking place to some other place. 

Complain to police against suspected persons who are causing damage to your vehicle. 

If police do not take any action file complaint to magistrate u/s 156 of CrPC.

Kallol Majumdar

Dear 

First you should install a hidden camera at place where you park your bike and find out the person who is doing this act.  Then talk to that person that he won't stop doing the act again you will file a police complaint and if still this continues.

Then you should file a police complaint regarding damage to your property against that person with proof.

This is the case of Mischief to property but this case is Non Cognizable as police officers can't register the FIR for this case without order of SP or Court but he can do investigation and submit the report in SP office. 

Mohit Kapoor
Advocate, Rohtak

1. As per the information mentioned in the present query, makes it clear that you have been troubled by the nuisance, in fact damage in terms of money also by some one near to your place of residence.
  2. Though you have no idea as to actually doing it, but still you can file a police complaint and ask the police to investigate into the matter.
  3. Or you can also give the name of the person on whom you have some suspicions or otherwise it would go as state vs. Untrace. And police will look for the culprit.

Sanjay Baniwal
Advocate, South Delhi