• Legal action to safeguard my interests

I verbally sold my land to a person for an X amount. He was supposed to make the full payment in a week but his excuses whether genuine or false started pouring in. Now I am tired of this buyer as on repeated reminders to pay up he is evading it. He goes on my land and does diggng etc. and also claims he has paid 90% of the amount which is completely false. Can an injunction or any legal step be helpful in putting him in a tight spot?
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from New Delhi, Delhi
first of all file a complaint  police station near you and then start the process of injunction,by filing complaint you will be able to restrain him to some extent,how it is that he is saying he has paid 90% and what documentary evidence he has
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

sale of land has to be by sale deed . when no sale deed has been prepared how can he claim ownership of land . ? erect compound wall around your land . post security guard on your premises . if he tries to enter your land file police complaint against him .you can move court and obtain injunction against him . let him prove that he has 90%of consideration amount
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46806 Answers
2769 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Land cannot be sold orally. Sale of land has to be documented and pass through various stages before sale can be termed complete. An oral promise has no sanctity in the eyes of law. 

You continue to be the owner of the house with all the incidental rights. If he interferes in your land in any manner then move to court and seek injunction against him.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23140 Answers
640 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

File a suit for permanent perpetual injunction against the buyer restraining him from entering upon the property.
H. S. Thukral
Advocate, New Delhi
569 Answers
170 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer