• False dowry 498a and 376 from sister in law and her father

Sir, 1st Feb 2015 7:30 am, Sunday, My Sister in law refuse to go to temple as she thought of MC ,  attempted suicide at our home in Mumbai, However as soon as we came to know My younger brother shouted for help broke the door of 1st floor with neighbors and, our neighbor and I gathered and took her to one of the Best hospital at powai , Hiranandani Mumbai there after doctors told that she was in coma and suffering from hypoxic brain damage. I was unfortunate that day as on 1st Feb 2015 I was to be at our home. in initial doctors report is was mentioned that there was not physical damage to her, but later on , on 14th April 2015 her father forcefully took her daughter to Allahabad Up and now had declared in the local newspaper of partapgrah that we had beaten her and broken her legs and hands and tried to hanged her. Her father is trying to blame me and trap me in the false case of 498a and 376 along with various other sections.  On 1st Feb 2015 I was on the ground floor with one the neighbor watching News. I had not done anything but they are trying to trap me for money and broke down my family as at present I am the only one who is earning. All the family members are non-working due to long time of treatment they have to lose their jobs as well and now new mess is created. Sir please Help.
Asked 3 years ago in Criminal Law from Mumbai, Maharashtra
Religion: Hindu
1. Since an attempt is being made to implicate you and your family members for the suicide of your sister-in-law you should apply for pre-arrest bail to guard against arrest.

2. It is very unlikely that the case will stand against those family members who do not reside in the house.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22966 Answers
631 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Don't worry and not panic in this condition. If you expected a false case from your sister in law's family,then  file an anticipatory bail on high court .Try to settle the matter amicable and try to change the misunderstandings happening .What ever be the case file by them, let you contest it on merit with ample evidence to prove your case as you are innocent.
Ajay N S
Advocate, Ernakulam
2758 Answers
44 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

It is advisable to file an anticipatory bail application for avoiding arrest. From the facts, it seems there is no need to be worried since you all have been residing separately. contest the case and dont give in.
Shaveta Sanghi
Advocate, Chandigarh
847 Answers
63 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

no need to worry, wait & watch
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
4796 Answers
220 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer