• Money

Customer came for purchasing the sunglass on 27.4.2019 and at the time of billing he showed a MSG of balance deduction from his account and customer leaves the place after showing the MSG with the product and next day we checked our statement we havent received , But from then onward we have start contacting him but few days he is unable to reach but after 5 days of purchasing ,we are able to reach him on whatsapp and on phone call and he is regularly picking up our call or replying and till date 28.05.2019 he has not given our money and regularly giving excuse that i will come and pay your money . we have inquiry about him after 20 days we get to know that he has given name and address wrong but number is correct, and now we have all correct details in our hand ,so any suggestion. 
Time of purchase : 5.00 p.m
Purchase date : 27.04.2019
Asked 3 years ago in Criminal Law
Religion: Hindu

First answer received in 10 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

15 Answers

You have been cheated by some IT expert by showing fake msg or manipulated/hacked the online sale point. File police complaint.

Yogendra Singh Rajawat
Advocate, Jaipur
21481 Answers
31 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

Issue legal notice to purchaser to refund your money with interest 


2) in alternative file police complaint against him for cheating 

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
89022 Answers
6344 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear sir, 

since now you are in possession of all the proofs, we can send a legal notice to him to pay the amount of the sunglasses with the interest within a stipulated time period.And in case he does not pay the amount, criminal proceeding will be initiate against him of the relevant sections of IPC such as fraud, cheating etc.

Hopes that solves your query.

You can contact me for consultation, if any.




Yuganshu Sharma
Advocate, Delhi
419 Answers
1 Consultation

5.0 on 5.0

You can make police complaint and file online complaint in consumer forum of your city that customer did fraud transaction with you and not paying your bill amount. 

Ganesh Kadam
Advocate, Pune
12418 Answers
192 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

You can send him legal notice ans if he doesn't pay then file suit for recovery of the said amount. 

Prashant Nayak
Advocate, Mumbai
28058 Answers
93 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

Since you say tht his address is fake or wrong address, you may first issue a legal demand notice, let the notice return undelivered, after that you may lodge a criminal complaint with the local police about it and they will call him by phone which will bring the problem to an end because once he comes to know that the police is involved in this, he may not take any more risk in this regard.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
79184 Answers
1611 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

A criminal complaint must be filed with the police for cheating and causing loss. It is a criminal offence.


Rahul Mishra
Advocate, Lucknow
13845 Answers
65 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Sir, 

Send him a demand legal notice through an advocate. There is likely chance he would pay thereafter. 

Still if doesn't work then have to bring upon a money recovery suit .

Anand Shukla
Advocate, New Delhi
666 Answers
14 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

File police complaint against him u/s 420 cheating. 

Mohammed Mujeeb
Advocate, Hyderabad
19032 Answers
32 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0



Send a legal notice to him at the earliest and if he does not reply thereafter then file a FIR against him in the police station for cheating and fraud. 

What was the amount? 



Anilesh Tewari
Advocate, New Delhi
17943 Answers
377 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You can file a police complaint that customer showed the false message of deduction and breached your trust and cheated you, further see police if refuses to take action give a notice to customer for recovery of the amount if he  fails a suit for same has to be filed.  

Shubham Jhajharia
Advocate, Ahmedabad
25516 Answers
179 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You should file police complaint against that person Vidya police for the offence of cheating and fraud under section 415 and 420 of the Indian Penal Code.

Serving legal notice is not an option to him as his address is incorrect.

Siddharth Jain
Advocate, New Delhi
6080 Answers
101 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

dear sir

you should file a police complaint of the incident ASAP if you want to settle the dues only threaten him for police complaint and see the reaction if he returns the money dont proceed with police complaint otherwise you can proceed with FIR of Cheating and dishonestly inducing delivery of property(section 420 IPC) and misrepresentation.

Mohit Kapoor
Advocate, Rohtak
10687 Answers
7 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Send a legal notice to this guy for collecting your dues.

The above legal notice has to be sent through  a lawyer.

Vibhanshu Srivastava
Advocate, New Delhi
9441 Answers
251 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You shall immediately file police complaint in nearest police station within the area of your shop and the police upon the receiving the complaint,  investigate with all aspects including that person.  If police finds any men's rea and defraud intentions of that person,  may registered FIR against him.  Further if police fails to take any action then you can file complaint/ application u/s 156(3) of crpc before concerned magistrate.  I think your purpose will be fulfilled once you approached police.  

Ram Kumar
Advocate, Delhi
16 Answers
1 Consultation

Not rated

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer