• Ancestral property

1)my grandfather had 2 immovable properties, one in chandigarh and one in delhi
2) my  grandfather had 3 sons and 6 daughters
3)vide his unregistered Will , he bequeathed his entire property as above to his 3 sons in exclusion to his daughters
4)he died in 1984. my father died in 1986
5)my tauji, chacha ji, we 2 brothers made a unregistered family settlement ,that 
       (a) chandigarh property for me and my brother.......in exclusion to others
       (b)first floor of delhi property for my chachaji.......in exclusion to others
       (c) ground floor of delhi property for my tauji.......in exclusion to others

the estate officer chandigarh wants stamp duty for transferring chandigarh property in name of we 2  brothers on the ground that we have purchased the shares from chacha ji and tauji

is estate officer correct in their legal demand
its unfortunate that to inherit property we are burdened with tax
if , i dont have money to pay stamp, would i never have this property in my name
Asked 3 years ago in Property Law from Shimla, Himachal Pradesh
deed of Family settlement needs to be stamped and registered . pay stamp duty demanded by Stamp office .

He is correct. Unless requisite stamp duty is paid effect cannot be given to the terms of family settlement.

The law of land requires you to pay requisite amount of stamp duty. It cannot be evaded.

pay requisite amount of stamp duty