• Cheating case

I was dating a girl for past 2 years (no physical relation) and now called off the relation because of parental pressure back home. 
She is a divorcee (divorce not completed yet) .

After calling off the relation , she is filing a cheating case on me..
Need advice on this context.
Asked 3 years ago in Criminal Law from United States
Religion: Christian
1. The break up subserves your legal interests in as much as you had committed the offence of adultery by having an affair with a married woman.

2. If the divorce proceedings are not complete yet then she cannot be called a divorcee.

3. If she files charges for cheating against you then immediately seek bail from the court to preempt your arrest and thereafter rebut her case by entering defence.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23097 Answers
639 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. Well, the perusal of the content of the case would have put me in a better position to make comment on the merit of the case or next line of action.

2. Please confirm whether the cheating case is criminal of civil in nature.

3. if it criminal case then do confirm whether it is ' police case' or ' private complaint' case.

4. in either of the criminal case you have to take bail first which in the current situation should be a very difficult one.

5. The most important thing unless there is any allegation of monetary loss/fraud , no case of cheating lies against you. So you can challenge this case by way of quashing in high court.

Do feel free to get in touch if you need my assistance in quashing this case.
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
13128 Answers
174 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

 if she is still fighting her divorce and not yet got her divorce, you dont worry,.

her cheating case has no base and stay away from her and do not make a chance for her to make complaints of sexual abuse.

when you are dealing with a married woman , not yet divorcee, you can be in trouble as there can be case of adultery be charged against you , so stay away from her of any kind of contacts.
she will not be able to succeed in her cheating case, in case you get a summons/notice get the help of a lawyer and proceed further in the matter.

cut off from her all connections, by phone,chats and mails, block her , stay out of her completely to avoid any future legal troubles.
Thresiamma G. Mathew
Advocate, Mumbai
1515 Answers
139 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. has she filed the cheating case? If yes, then what is her allegation?

2. You can file a police complaint against her alleging that she is black mailing you demanding illicit reltionship with you which you do not wish to,

3. If she files any case, contest it fittingly.
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
18749 Answers
452 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

state detail facts to get best advise.

as per your query it can be advice only that fight the case on merit.
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
4875 Answers
225 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer