• Domestic violence

i m married  since 9 months staying with my husband .
i left the house after my husband and his family member fought with me .
i lodge a complaint in CAW cell attended 6 counselling and did not came to any decision .
 i gave some time to my husband to ;provide  me seperate accomodation .my husband agreed for seperate accomodation but till date he did not done anything .
i called the officer of CAW cell  to forward my complaint he told me that the head is on holiday for 7 days .i lodge a complaint in DV 2005 also .
wat should i do ... my very tensed plzz help
Asked 3 years ago in Family Law from New Delhi, Delhi
Religion: Hindu
1. Have you lodged the DV complaint before the CAW cell or in the court?

2. You can by moving to court seek separate accommodation for yourself. This apart, you can also seek maintenance for yourself.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23176 Answers
641 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Querist
if you think that there is any chance to save this marriage then first of all try for this. wait and watch and fight the d.v. case, apply for mediation and try to settle the matter amicably, i have seen many cases where the dispute had resolved by mediation process specially the matrimonial dispute.

if you think that there is no chance then file an application before DCP regarding the registration of FIR against him and his family members and file maintenance case too before family court.

you may contact over the phone or meet me personally after pay the consultation fee
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
4880 Answers
226 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

1. Yes, file a DV case praying for seperate accomodation and maintenance,

2. Engage a local lawyer having expertise in dealing with family matters.
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
18806 Answers
454 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

It is advisable to pursue the DV case. has any FIR being filed yet?

Claim maintenance and separate accommodation from your husband by filling a case before the court. You can also file a case for restitution of conjugal rights if you want to stay with your husband minus the inlaws. 
Shaveta Sanghi
Advocate, Panchkula
887 Answers
64 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) if you have filed complaint under domestic violence act you can seek alternative accommodation 

2) you can also seek maintenance from your husband 

3) judicial process takes time on account of heavy backlog of cases 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46866 Answers
2772 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer