• Copyright for a CD

I have shooted for CD for an NGO. We want to get its copyright and earn something for NGO. How do we proceed.
Asked 4 years ago in Business Law from Silvassa, Dadra and Nagar Haveli
If the contents of CD have an artistic value then you may apply for copyright after it is put in a mode of transmission in public domain.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23426 Answers
652 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Yes. Cinematograph films  - also  title of motion films including its screenplay is registerable under copyright Act. The same must be registered with the Copyright Board in New Delhi. Pertinent to note that registration is not mandatory but advisable due to its benefits. For details on Procedure for registration, please visit www.copyright.gov.in/
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

an application can be made for copyright of the contents of   CD if it has artistic value    Copyright Registration Under the Copyright Act of 1957 serves as a prime facie evidence in all courts in India, without further proof or production of the original.Copyright certificate is issued within 6 months
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
47814 Answers
2834 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Firstly register the content of the CD under the Copy Right Act and then approach marketing Agency for sale of copies of CD.
Sai Kiran R
Advocate, Bangalore
86 Answers
6 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer