• Mental harassment

I and my husband are having some trouble in our marriage, which is getting closer to divorce.We are staying separately. I wanted a reconciliation , but he and his family are adamant for divorceThey are forcing me for getting divorce.I even called my husband to talk but rather his mother received the call and didn't let me talk to him.On insistence she threatened me.She would not let me have any contact with my husband.
I wanted to ask what are my options regarding:
1. communicating with  my husband.
2. Stopping my in laws from not letting me talk to my husband.
3. stopping this divorce.
Asked 2 years ago in Family Law from Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
Religion: Christian
file complaint of domestic violence  against your mother in law and others  . in said complaint seek right to stay in matrimonial home .you can also seek maintenance , compensation   for mental harassment undergone by you . if your husband files for divorce you can refuse to give him divorce
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
23367 Answers
1224 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
you start with complaint under DV Act,taking divorce wil not be  easy for him if you are not interested
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations
3.5 on 5.0
for you best option is seek all legal reliefs under D V Act. divorce will not that easy
Avdhesh Chaudhary
Advocate, Greater Noida
565 Answers
20 Consultations
3.9 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
Ask a Lawyer

Family Lawyers

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
14151 Answers
127 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
23367 Answers
1224 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
18183 Answers
449 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
12143 Answers
233 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
5248 Answers
54 Consultations
4.9 on 5.0
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
3537 Answers
130 Consultations
4.9 on 5.0
Atulay Nehra
Advocate, Noida
443 Answers
15 Consultations
4.7 on 5.0
Shivendra Pratap Singh
Advocate, Lucknow
2771 Answers
41 Consultations
4.9 on 5.0
Rajgopalan Sripathi
Advocate, Hyderabad
873 Answers
43 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Ajay N S
Advocate, Ernakulam
1916 Answers
19 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0