• Mental harassment

I and my husband are having some trouble in our marriage, which is getting closer to divorce.We are staying separately. I wanted a reconciliation , but he and his family are adamant for divorceThey are forcing me for getting divorce.I even called my husband to talk but rather his mother received the call and didn't let me talk to him.On insistence she threatened me.She would not let me have any contact with my husband.
I wanted to ask what are my options regarding:
1. communicating with  my husband.
2. Stopping my in laws from not letting me talk to my husband.
3. stopping this divorce.
Asked 3 years ago in Family Law from Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
file complaint of domestic violence  against your mother in law and others  . in said complaint seek right to stay in matrimonial home .you can also seek maintenance , compensation   for mental harassment undergone by you . if your husband files for divorce you can refuse to give him divorce

you start with complaint under DV Act,taking divorce wil not be  easy for him if you are not interested

for you best option is seek all legal reliefs under D V Act. divorce will not that easy