• Inherit property ancestral property

How inherit property differ from ancestral property.What is the right of my daughter-in-law on my inherit property
Asked 3 years ago in Property Law from Bathinda, Punjab
property which is owned by you or inherited by you will go your wife if there is a will by you to that effect and incase there is no will then after your death it will be equally divided between your legal hiers and your wife

your daughter in law has no rights on your inherited property . ancestral property is property belonging to your great grand father duly inherited by your grand father and so on .

I have mentioned in my reply to your previous answer(the contents of which you may peruse) the difference between inherited and self purchased property. 

Your daughter-in-law has no rights in your inherited property as your aunt gave it exclusively to you.

Your daughter-in-law gets half of your son's share in the property  or maintenance right.
Sai Kiran R