• Lawyer for small retail business


Wanted to know if there are specific lawyers who deal with Retail Business buying and Selling. I am basically setting up a shop in high profile area which is prone for raids by cops/Tax/CCB on a regular basis even if all the documents are correct. This is basically to initiate the bribing culture.

How would this be sorted out , do lawyers provide there service on a yearly basis on a fixed amount

What would be approximate charges for this yearly services
Asked 12 months ago in Intellectual Property from Bangalore, Karnataka

well that depends on the popularity..how successful is that lawyer in the particular matter..lawyers who have established themselves will take a good amount per hearing on the other hand this is  quite natural lawyers who have started their practice charge a less amount.

Mohammed Mujeeb
Advocate, Hyderabad
13088 Answers
4 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

1) Yes, Lawyer can provide yearly services and it totally depends upon how you will be needed has services. Every Lawyer scale is different according to their experience and your nature of business. Plus how much workload do you have all, it will the time factor and consultancy every time.

Ganesh Kadam
Advocate, Pune
8764 Answers
72 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Yes this can be done. you retain a lawyer or a legal firm on a fixed minthlm/annual retainership fee.

Fee would from lawyer to lawyer and will depend on the standing of the lawyer.



Vibhanshu Srivastava
Advocate, New Delhi
8737 Answers
152 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

See for the document vetting and advising you regularly you can engage service of an advocate based on retainership yearly basis. The advocate shall charge you based on work and his experience  

Shubham Jhajharia
Advocate, Ahmedabad
22229 Answers
88 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) you can engage any lawyer on this website on retainer ship basis to advice you 


2) legal fees vary depending upon lawyer engaged by you 



Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
70911 Answers
4260 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You can hire any lawyer on monthly/yearly retainer basis for the same who is having expertise in corporate as well as criminal matters.


Legal charges levied differ from person to person and very as per experience of the lawyer.

Siddharth Jain
Advocate, New Delhi
5188 Answers
58 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Lawyers provide their services either on a case to case basis or a fixed monthly retainer.kindly contact a local lawyer who will work for you.


Rahul Mishra
Advocate, Lucknow
5619 Answers
12 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. There is no Act enacted only for retail business.


2. Any lawyer having experience in dealing with matters covering basic provisions of law covering the sales of goods, Act, Contrcat Act, I.Tax Act etc.can take care of your problems.

Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
23313 Answers
633 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. There are very few lawyers who specialise in only this field. Any lawyer dealing in business law will be able to cater to your requirement.

2. The fee structure is not uniform, so cannot be commented on.

Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
27287 Answers
805 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Yes I can provide you this kind of service 

Muzamil Mushtaq Shah
Advocate, Bangalore
1 Answer
1 Consultation

Not rated

Yes they do provide and also work on retainership basis. Charges vary from person to person or lawyer

Prashant Nayak
Advocate, Mumbai
15890 Answers
28 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

Police have the power to conduct raids if there is registered FIR/Complaint which prima facie discloses genuine complaint. As a lawyer we can with the help of Notices/ CCTV footage available at the shop to file a complaint in Human rights Commission & Writ Petition in High court against police. Once if the police has enough knowledge of such complaint/petition they will no more interfere with your business. 

Jamal Sait
Advocate, Bangalore
117 Answers
2 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Dear Sir,

There are varieties of advocates and you can find the category of advocates whom you proposed to engage. But you have to discuss in detail about terms.

Kishan Dutt Kalaskar
Advocate, Bengaluru
4899 Answers
149 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If you face any legal issues you may engage the services of a lawyer.

The lawyers can be available when you approach them with your problem to guide you and come out of the crisis wherever there is a legal issue.

The lawyer can be engaged on their terms and the terms will be informed by the lawyer you may plan to engage.


T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
60796 Answers
783 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer