• Harassment by a woman

I am a retired 55 yr old divorced man living alone.  a lady who is over 60 y, has gathered info about me and is spreading slanderous rumours about me that i have invited her to my home etc., she is assassinating my character by announcing to my close friends that she wants to marry me! she is casting serious aspersions on me and way lays me on the foot path, blocks my car and creates a scene etc., and has become a nuisance to me--

how do i deal with this? will a police complaint help? i solicit your help-

regards-
Asked 3 years ago in Criminal Law from Bangalore, Karnataka
File a complaint in local police station stating all the facts about the nuisance created by her

you may take recourse to criminal proceedings by lodging an FIR in the nearest police station, against the lady for stalking you, defaming you. stalking is a gender neutral offence recently incorporated in the IPC. but going by the fact that she is a lady of 60 years, please try to warn her before going to the police. may be it will help maintain peace.
Tulika Prakash

A police complaint won't help except insofar as way laying you is concerned. The smear campaign which she has launched against you can be remedied only by filing a case for defamation in court. As a precursor to police complaint and the case that can be filed against her you may issue to her a lawyer's notice asking her to mend her ways.

File complaint against her with the jurisdictional police. If the police refuse to register the FIR, then file P.C.R.

first you warn him & you can file police complain