• Ragging case

I am not subjected to ragging yet.
I am a second year Engineering student. The problem is with some seniors who is getting passed out this semester. They will be here only for two months. 

We are not in good terms. I am sure that by the end of this month they will find some reason to hit me. It is sure that If I respond back, I may get get more trouble form other seniors.

I was ragged and hit by the same group last year. I am mad at them now.

What do you suggest. If I hit back can I file a case against ragging or attempt of murder. Or should I get every thing that they give and file FIR? 

I don't want to take precautionary measures like informing this to the authority or so. I want to face this and deal with this leagaly.

I am from Kerala, studying in Karnataka, My seniors are also from Karnataka. What should I do?  
Asked 4 years ago in Criminal Law from Bangalore, Karnataka
It is your imagination or thinking that your senior may ragg youwhich may or may not happen, though you can inform Institutions anti ragging cell about this possibility ,and take preventive measures.
Soumya   Kundu
Advocate, Kolkata
50 Answers

4.7 on 5.0

The machinery of criminal law does not operate on hypothetical facts. Unless and until you are ragged there is nothing you can do. If any attempt towards ragging is made then inform to police, file and prosecute the case till it reaches a logical conclusion.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23426 Answers
652 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

why are you planning in advance for an event which has not yet taken place any way if you feel that there is some problem ,then it is better to inform local police in writings and stating the facts so that in case of any issue you will be on safer side
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

u may inform anty ragging cell & wait for action on their part
Avdhesh Chaudhary
Advocate, Greater Noida
565 Answers
20 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer