• Regarding abduction by drug de-addiction centre

 Recently, i came from a drug addiction centre in delhi for my so said alcohol dependency problem. I went there on my own and under my parents and spouse's will to do so. There I was treated in an inhuman way i.e. abused, stripped, tied to a tree and beaten up by the staff over there for no apparent reason. They didnt let me contact my family for months after this incidence. When I met my family, I let them know about it and they took me away. At first I thought that it would be wise to let it go and continue with my new life but that incidence recurs in mind every now and then and so I want to take a legal action against that organisation. Secondly, I noticed there that most people in that centre are abducted forcefully with the consent of their distant relatives. This thing seems to be v illegal and I am afraid that this could happen with me too in future. Kindly guide me about the legal proceedings for this case.
Asked 1 year ago in Criminal Law from Agra, Uttar Pradesh
Religion: Hindu

Sir file a PIL in the high court further for direction to register a FIR to treat you in inhuman way and the illegal activities going on Inside that is abduction and inhuman treatment of the patients.

Shubham Jhajharia
Advocate, Ahmedabad
22882 Answers
93 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) file police complaint against the drug addiction center and its officials for brutally assaulting you 


2) also issue them legal notice and claim compensation for treating you in inhuman manner during during stay .


3) if the center fails to pay file complaint before consumer forum and seek compensation for mental torture undergone by you 

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
72059 Answers
4334 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Client,

For all physical torture and inhuman behaviors, file criminal complain and this is certain that no addicted person will willfully join such rehabs but they are open to approach court through writ of habeas corpus.


Yogendra Singh Rajawat
Advocate, Jaipur
16743 Answers
21 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0


You may go ahead and lodge a FIR against the said center before the police. 

Also, this seems to be a violation of the Human Rights and hence you may lodge a complaint before the NHRC.

You may visit the following link: 




You may send them your complaint by means of post also

Anilesh Tewari
Advocate, New Delhi
17403 Answers
280 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

The first necessary step if you are a victim of medical negligence is to file a Complaint against the doctor with the State Medical Council. The victim can file a complaint in the state consumer court also and there can be a criminal suit filed by the patient against the rehabilitation centre. 

Mohammed Mujeeb
Advocate, Hyderabad
13837 Answers
6 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

You can file a criminal case against the rehabilitation Centre under various sections of IPC for treating you inhuman in the rehabilitation centre

Vimlesh Prasad Mishra
Advocate, Lucknow
6203 Answers
19 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

As you are very well aware of the facts you can complaint about this to police , to medical dearent under which this centre is working and then you can ho to court and can also claim compensation

Varnika Singh
Advocate, Ghaziabad
261 Answers
2 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

you can file FIR against them under IPC provisions. You can file complaint for cancellation of the registration or trust status if they are registered or a trust

Prashant Nayak
Advocate, Mumbai
16701 Answers
30 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

What do you mean "abducted forcefully"?


How will filing a case stop the occurrence of the event in your mind? What you need is not Advocate to file a case, but a Psychiatrist or Clinical Hypnotherapist who can help you to forget the bad event. Also, they can "rehabilitate" you. Usually, this is the after effect of a battle of any de-addiction. After de-addiction one has to be "rehabilitated" for smooth transition, else there are all the chances of re-addiction with forever consequences.

Take a couple of Hypnotherapy sessions and you should be fine.

I'm telling you this as I am also a Clinical Hypnotherapist myself.


Filing a case is no big deal. But it's tough to prove it. You can approach a Police Station and give a written complaint. After that it's up to them to investigate and take action. Try using social media, and joining forums related to these and see what other say. If many are of the same opinion, then you can collectively register a Police Complaint or approach the High Court.



Please do rate the answer even if you don't like it :)

Sandeep Prakash
Advocate, Bengaluru
308 Answers
2 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You can lodge a complaint with the police for all those ill treatments meted out to you including the inhuman and violent activities unleashed against you which are not only illegal but also harmful to limbs and life.

About other activities like abduction etc, you can file a PIL seeking to close the institute and also to initiate proper legal action against the owner and staff for their such illegal activities.

You take the assistance of a lawyer in the local for all such further issues.


T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
61997 Answers
800 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer