• Property right

My father got married to a different girl 5 Yrs back. Me with my two unmarried sisters &my mother left alone. The only source of our income is our father. Now he don't look after us. What are Our legal rights?
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from Araria, Bihar
Claim maintenance from your father and seek partition of the property. Consult a good local lawyer.
Sai Kiran R
Advocate, Bangalore
86 Answers
6 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

Your father is duty bound to lend financial support to your mother and unmarried children. If he has abdicated this duty then your mother may enforce it by filing a case for maintenance in court. If there is some ancestral property in your family then you may claim your share therein by filing a suit for partition.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22977 Answers
634 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

your mother can file complaint under Dv act . she can seek right to stay in matrimonial home , maintenance   from her husband . in addition your father has to maintain   his children . he cannot abdicate his responsibility . if your father has some ancestral property you can file suit for partition
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45747 Answers
2692 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

your mother canclaim maintenence
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer