• My Departmental Enquiry and Confession

Before Departmental Enquiry I was not supplied with the copies of the complaints for which I was suspended. On the first day of departmental enquiry I was forced to write a Confession Letter in presence of union leader and I was removed from my services. After a long legal battle the copies of the complaints were supplied by the authority after 19 years of charge sheet. There is nor FIR/Case lodged either by authority or complainants. Is FIR mandatory for fraudulent activities in charge sheet. Now I want to challenge the confession and removal. Please advise.
Asked 4 years ago in Civil Law from Suri, West Bengal
you can move to high court for all your grievences
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

confession if made by force has to be retracted immediately .you have to in your retraction letter mention that you  were forced to sign the confession letter . in addition if you lodge police complaint mentioning that you were threatened and forced to sign the confession it would strengthen your case . 

in the present case you want to retract confession after 19 years . it appears to be an after thought .
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
47766 Answers
2833 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You have not mentioned if you filed a police complaint for being coerced to write a confessional statement.You ought to have challenged the confession immediately after making it. The lapse of 19 years in challenging it has now made your confession final and beyond the pale of judicial challenge. It is too late in the day now to even think of assailing the confession.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23426 Answers
652 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer