• Employee Provident Fund Amount Missing!!

I was working for a company in Pune for 31 months between Jan '04 and July '06 and had a EPF deduction on my remuneration. After I quit, I applied for the withdrawal of my EPF amount (approx 22,000). First, I did not hear from the EPF Dept or my ex-employer for a long time, because they misplaced my forms and documents. I had to resubmit everything again. In the interim, I lost a little track of the status and after a gap of about 2 years, I went back to check status. At the EPF office, I learnt that my EPF amount had already been paid off and the officer there told me that the pay out was done in July '08, which took me by surprise, since I had not received any such credit to the bank account that I had mentioned on my EPF withdrawal documents.
I spoke about this with a friend who said that my money seems to have been fraudulently missing and that I take some action to get back what is rightfully mine.

What I want to know is, What now, should be my course of action??
Asked 4 years ago in Civil Law from Pune, Maharashtra
make a complaint in writing to Asst Provident Commissioner explaining IN DETAILS
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

to whom money was paid off? find out details of person who has taken your money . whether your signature was forged on those documents . . based on feed back you receive lodge complaint with regional provident fund commissioner
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45751 Answers
2692 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Find out the name of person to whom the money was paid. Thereafter, lodge a complaint with police and Regional Provident Fund Commissioner if its surfaces that your signatures were forged.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22977 Answers
634 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer