My answers are as follows:
1. I got it written by him that he will finish in Oct 15th and got it signed d in the same agreement below, payments made also signed every time I made payment, is it valid ??
Ans: yes it is valid document. You can produce before Courts and Consumer Forum.
2. Property is in the name of my mother in law, can I lodge a complaint to avoid her going through all this?
Ans: Yes, the criminal law can be set into motion by any citizen of India.
3. Can I go to his house, other work places constructing and threaten him to get my work done ? Will it help
Ans: No, never take law into your hands and he may file complaint against you for giving life threatening to him.
4. What are his chances of claiming he is spent more than I paid considered as valid in court
Ans: Yes, you can claim entire amounts and compensation for mental torture in Consumer Forum without paying any court fee.
5 How is the recovery of my money in case me winning the case ?
Ans: Yes, You can execute the decree against him and get the amount by attaching his property and if resists he will be put into jail.
5. What are my chances of winning ?
Ans: your winning chances are 100 percent as there is agreement and he cannot deny anything except agreeing that he was delay in constructing the building. Get issue a legal notice by sharing your documents then get file a complaint before consumer forum. The relevant law is as follows.
1. Who is a Consumer ? A Consumer is a person who purchases a product or avails a service for a consideration, either for his personal use or to earn his livelihood by means of self employment. The consideration may be: ∑ Paid ∑ Promised ∑ Partly paid and partly promised. It also includes a beneficiary of such goods/services when such use is made with the approval of such person.
2. Who is not a Consumer ? A person is not a consumer if he/she: ∑ purchases any goods or avails any service free of charge; ∑ purchases a good or hires a service for commercial purpose; ∑ avails any service under contract of service
3. What are Goods? “Goods” means every kind of movable property other than actionable claims and money, and includes stock and shares, growing crops, grass and things attached to or forming part of the land, which are agreed to be severed before sale or under the contract of the sale.
4. What is a Defect? “Defect” means any fault, imperfection or shortcoming in the quality, quantity, potency, purity or standard which is required to be maintained by or under any law for time being in force or under any contract, express or implied, or as is claimed by the trader in any manner whatsoever in relation to any goods.
5. What are Services? “Service” means service of any description which is made avail