• Early Termination of Lease Rental Agreement with Locking period

I have Lease Rent agreement with Locking period but locking period is not over yet. Landlord has sold the property without my knowledge. I do not want to continue with new landlord. I would like to know that am i liable to pay the rental to new owner? Can i cancell this agreement on the basis that old owner sold the property without knowing me?
Asked 3 years ago in Property Law from Pune, Maharashtra
it is necessary to go through the terms and conditions of lease agreement signed by you with the lessor . there must be a clause relating to termination of agreement .on basis of said clause you can terminate your agreement

give 3 months notice and terminate the contract . no landlord cannot ask compensation for the notice period

give notice as per your contract

A lot hinges on what has been mentioned in the agreement. Lease agreements have a clause respecting the termination of agreement. Your rights flow out of this clause.

If it lays down a 3 month period for termination then act accordingly. Landlord cannot ask for compensation.