• False promise of marriage

I was in relationship with a boy who promised to get married with me and made physical relations with me so many times he used me physically financially and emotionally now i come to know he is already married and also he have relations with other girls what should i do i want justice
Asked 4 years ago in Criminal Law
Religion: Sikh

First answer received in 10 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

14 Answers

Hi, if a man commit physical relationship with a women on a false promise of marraige , it is a offence of rape .. It is advisable to Register a FIR under 376IPC

Hemant Chaudhary
Advocate, Gurgaon
4619 Answers
67 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

1. You can lodge a police complaint alleging that he has established physical relationship with you after promising marriage and now refusing to marry you since you are unable to pay the amount of dowry demanded by him.

2. You shall have to submit evidence of his promising your marriage and its refusal now.

3. The police might start a rape case against him.

Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
26602 Answers
726 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

File case of rape, cheating against him under section 376 , 420 of IPC

2) boy had sex with you u nder promise of marriage

3) he intentionally deceived you as he was already married and could not have married you

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
87932 Answers
6207 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You should file a case of rape as the consent for for sex was falsely taken for fraud. The false promises of marriage and consent taken with fraud amount to rape.

Shubham Jhajharia
Advocate, Ahmedabad
25516 Answers
179 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If a boy established physical relations with you on the pretext of marriage and then he refused to marry,you are required to file criminal complaint in police station ,sho, dcp commissioner of police. Then meet all such officers for registration of fir. If they fail to register fir, file criminal case in court .

Mohammed Mujeeb
Advocate, Hyderabad
19031 Answers
32 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

1. Thus is a clear case of cheating and false promise of marriage to have sex.

2. So lodge a complaint with police alleging sex on false promise of marriage.

3. Since he is married the falsity of promise of marriage is a forgone conclusion.

4. Pursue the case closely so the police arrests this cheater and he is taught a lesson of his life.

All the best.

Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
22515 Answers
402 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Madam, in a strict sense of law your remedy lies in the fact of making a case against him on the asis of facts and circumstances. As, the court's across the country have divergent views and no single precedent has ever stood- making cheating and false pretext so big a problem that it can be inescapable. Assuming that you being adult should understand the perils and a recent.sc judgements hits the bulls eye on the point of adult making conscious choices. Still, false pretext of marriage must be documented to.have an evidentiary value in shaping a cheating case.

Mayank Sapre
Advocate, New Delhi
256 Answers

5.0 on 5.0

You file fir against him for rape and getting your consent through fraud.

Abhilasha Wanmali
Advocate, Nagpur
1022 Answers
1 Consultation

4.8 on 5.0

1) You can make complaints against him under sections IPC 34, [deleted]. and used of physically. Can be charged for rape as well.

Ganesh Kadam
Advocate, Pune
12335 Answers
191 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Approach the women cell and lodge a complaint against this boy, saying that he has exploited you physically, emotionally and financially on strength of his false promise of marrying you.

Vibhanshu Srivastava
Advocate, New Delhi
9426 Answers
245 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0


The boy has defrauded you and played with your emotions. In fact he has done this to many girls. File an fir against him for sexually assaulting and abusing you and repeatedly raping you on the false pretext of marriage.


Rahul Mishra
Advocate, Lucknow
13757 Answers
65 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

File complain of cheating and rape on the pretext of marriage.

Yogendra Singh Rajawat
Advocate, Jaipur
21481 Answers
31 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

For cheating and having sex with you on the promise of marriage can be dealt with through a police station by submitting complaint for the said offences which include breach of trust.

The police would registered FIR under section 406 and 417 IPC

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
78089 Answers
1543 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Madam,.

Supreme Court of India recently observed in Deepak Gulati Vs State of Haryana stated that sex under false promise of marriage can be rape. You have right file a case under section 376, 498a, 494, and also you claim compensation under domestic violence act and other cases you can file at your liberty and you can also implicate 419, 420 for cheating you

The following information may kindly be read.

Is sex on promise of marriage “rape”?

Subsequent withdrawal of a bonafide promise of marriage cannot bring an act of consensual sexual intimacy under the purport of offence under Section 375 of IPC, i.e., rape.

Year after year, the courts have pronounced varied judgments on breach of promise to marry and rape. Even though, there have been times of acquittal of men from rape charges or classification of such instances as cheating by the Indian judiciary.

The Madras High Court bench in November 2012 said that rape as under IPC section 376 does not include the indulgence in consensual sex with a woman under false marriage promise within its fold but cheating as defined under IPC section 417 is a punishable offence under the said act. On the other hand, in January 2014 the Delhi High Court tagged “Premarital sexual intercourse” as immoral and averse to religious tenets thus holding that all acts of sex between two grown-ups on a promise to marry is not rape. Thus, the court acquitted the man from rape charges.

Netravathi Kalaskar
Advocate, Bengaluru
4952 Answers
27 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer