• Hospital report on blood group of pregnant is wrong

My wife is O-ve but hospital has given in the report as o+ve due which I had to suffer a lot while her operation. Can I get compensation if yes how much. What documents I need to have other than original blood report.
Asked 4 years ago in Criminal Law
Religion: Hindu

2 answers received in 30 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

10 Answers

No doubt there is negligence on the part of hospital. You will be compensated from the concerned hospital/laboratory fir their negligence. The amount of compensation will depend on the loss you suffered. You need to prove admission in hospital and the operation file of your wife, blood report, and confirmed blood group of your wife.

Vikram Taunk
Advocate, Karnal
12 Answers

Not rated


You can file the case before the district consumer forum.

As per the loss suffered by you, you can make the claim, additionally you can also claim for mental harassment and the agony faced thereof.


Anilesh Tewari
Advocate, New Delhi
17940 Answers
377 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You need to have bills of the hospital from which she is discharge and firstly lodge a criminal complaint for medical negligence against hospital authorities thereafter file a consumer petition claiming for heavy damages caused to you by their negligence. If your claim is more petition needs to be presented before state consumer forum

Swarnarka Chowdhury
Advocate, Mysore
1878 Answers
5 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

The victim can file a complaint in the state consumer court also and there can be a criminal suit filed by the patient against the hospital.

Mohammed Mujeeb
Advocate, Hyderabad
19031 Answers
32 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0


This act of the dosctirs N the hospital comes under medical negligence and an FIR should be promptly lodged against them. Also a compensation to the tune of 50 lacs to 1cr should be demanded as the life of your wife was endangered.


Rahul Mishra
Advocate, Lucknow
13760 Answers
65 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) you can seek compensation against hospital for negligence

2) filecomplaint before consumer forum seek orders to direct hospital to pay compensation for deficiency in service

3) rely upon hospital discharge summary report and other records with hospital as to diagnosis and line of treatment given

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
87947 Answers
6207 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Sir you can file a consumer complaint over the hospital claiming damages and for the mental harassment and the damages occurred due to wrong report. You should have the expenses medical bills occurred. Serve the hospital legal notice and ask them for compensation quantify the damages if they deny then file a complaint.

Also a FIR can be registered for the negligence against the hospital and the doctor concerned.

Shubham Jhajharia
Advocate, Ahmedabad
25516 Answers
179 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Sir

You will definitely get. First get issue legal notice through experienced advocate. You must collect link and expert mesical documents. The more you will have documents you will get more compensation.

Kishan Dutt Kalaskar
Advocate, Bangalore
6050 Answers
381 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

If your wife has suffered due to wrong diagnosis or wrong treatment, then it may be termed as negligence.

You may obtain a second opinion from a different doctor on this and then file a consumer case if recommended.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
78104 Answers
1543 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

This is a fit case for medical negligence and a complaint can be filed in consumer court where in you would need all the old medical reports of your wife as well as the medical tests done by the offender Hospital. Also, any documents showing adverse effect on your wife due to such action of the hospital should be annexed along with your complaint. expert opinion can be taken in order to substantiate your claim which needs to be filed in court.

If the compensation amount is more than ONe crore then the case would be filed in NCDRC, New Delhi

Siddharth Jain
Advocate, New Delhi
5930 Answers
101 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer