• Mutation of land in BLRO

I am a factory owner and my factory is in Howrah municipality since last 20 years . I have mutation certificate of Howrah municipality and I pay municipal tax regularly - now since this area is becoming commercial and residential these day I will transfer to some other factory area - and I want to construct residential building at my current factory - do I need a mutation ceritifiate from blro for construction of residence here
Asked 5 years ago in Property Law
Religion: Hindu

First answer received in 10 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

8 Answers


You may approach the local administration for transferring the records from commercial to residential category.

Ganesh Singh
Advocate, New Delhi
6757 Answers
16 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

you need to have building plans sanctioned by municipal corporation for carrying on construction

2)you dont need mutation certificate

3)application for conversion of land has to be made to the authorities from industrial to commercial

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
94238 Answers
7432 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You can convert industrial land into residential by paying a fee. You can get a 'change of land use' after obtaining the necessary approval from the local authorities, State to State law differs.

Mohammed Mujeeb
Advocate, Hyderabad
19299 Answers
32 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

1. You will need to apply to the local Civic body, for "change of usage", from commercial property to residential property, by following due procedure of law, since it will entitle various parameters like change in rates of property tax & Water charges & Electricity charges and other local taxes.

2. The status of the property on the revenue records needs to the changed from commercial property to residential property, by following due procedure of law.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal

Hemant Agarwal
Advocate, Mumbai
5612 Answers
25 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. If the property is mutated then you must have been allotted with a holding number.

2. once that is there you can build either a residential building or commercial structure as per the building plan sanctioned by the local municipality.

3. So there is no need for BLLRO recording to make constructions on your plot of land.

4. So engage an architect and apply for a building plan.

Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
22659 Answers
476 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If mutation certificate is in the name of your factory, then you will have to rectify the same from the concerned BL&LRO Office and also if it's coming under RERA, then the same has to be registered under RERA.

Bipasha Mukherjee Roy
Advocate, Bangalore
11 Answers

4.8 on 5.0

For constructing residence in the factory after demolishing it, then you may have to obtain plan approval from the Corporation.

Since the property is already mutated on your name you do not have to apply for it once again.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
84440 Answers
2135 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

No, you will have to get the commercial area converted into residential area and then only you may get the construction of your house done. No need for mutation.


Anilesh Tewari
Advocate, New Delhi
18069 Answers
377 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer