• Wanted to Open Business

I just wanted to know that I'm planning to open a business whose I name I have decided. Now the name of the business matches with the surname of one of the biggest sportsperson. Like for eg he is as big as sachin tendulkar. 

I want to name my company with that name only. Also the name doesnt exactly matches with the page 3 guy. I have tweaked one letter from the surname.

So my question is that, suppose i start the business and it went well later on after exposure to the crowd, is there a possibility that I will face any legal notices or problems??
Asked 2 years ago in Business Law from Mumbai, Maharashtra
whether there is any other company regd with the same name? in order to avoid legal complications do not register company with name of any celebrity. 
if you register company with similar surname the public would be under impression that it is associated with the sports personality. the said personality may move court and obtain an injunction restraining you from using the said name
whether there is any other company regd with the same name? inorder to avoid legal complications do not register company with name of any celebirity
possibility is always there,just fix a name which does not lands you any legal trouble by getting trademark registered
Do not name your company with the name of any celebrity as it is fraught with the risk of numerous law suits being filed against you. You might have tweaked a letter from his name, but the similarity can be deciphered through naked judicial eye. If the celebrity moves to court then you may have to spend a huge amount contesting the litigation.
query is resolved